Marianne Utz Sahms Scholarship
The Marianne Utz Sahms Scholarship was established in 2000 by the Ursuline Athletic Boosters to honor Marianne, an Ursuline Alumna, Varsity Golf Coach and Member of the Board of Trustees, for her unselfish dedication and continued support of the Ursuline Athletic Program. The recipient(s) of the scholarship shall encompass Marianne’s enthusiasm for sport as well as her commitment to excellence in all of life’s endeavors. The minimum amount for this one-time scholarship is $500.00 with the potential for multiple recipients. The UA Boosters have allocated up to $4000.00- $5000.00 for the Marianne Utz Sahms Scholarship.
1. A senior who was a member of an Ursuline Interscholastic Varsity Team this year as well as a four year participant in the Ursuline Athletic Program. (Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Soccer, Tennis, Track & Volleyball)
2. Applicants must have participated in athletics their entire four years.
3. Applicants must be in good standing academically maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
4. Any senior student/athlete receiving 50% or greater tuition scholarship is not eligible.This includes any combination of merit based or athletic scholarship.
5. Applications must be submitted by April 1, 2021.
- All applications must be submitted online via the Ursuline website.
- Applications may not attach a resume or additional information with their application.
- Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, April 1, 2021.
- The applications will be screened by the Ursuline Athletic Department and then forwarded to the scholarship committee.
- Any student-athlete selected to received the Marianne Utz Sahms Scholarship will be notified by Monday, May 3, 2021 and will be recognized at the Spring Awards Night on Tuesday, May 11, 2021 - depending on covid regulations.
Name the interscholastic sports that you participated in at UA and during which years.
List LEAGUE All Star recognition you received at UA. HM = Honorable Mention, POY = Player of the Year, 1=1st Team All Star, 2=2nd Team All Star
List the extracurricular activities (Ursuline or other) that you participated in during high school. Please indicate which years and approximately how many hours per month you spent on this activity.
For the following questions, you must limit your answers to the number of sentences allowed.