The Social Studies Department at Ursuline Academy focuses on student achievement in a variety of courses, designed to educate our students by tracing both the historical roots and contemporary milieu surrounding political, economic, legal, and psychological components of the world around them. This objective is met through the offerings of relevant course work and special projects and programs.
Social Studies Courses
- Foundations in History and Geography
- World History
- AP World History
- U.S. History
- AP U.S. History
- American Studies
- AP Economics
- U.S. Government
- AP U.S. Government
- AP Comparative Government
- AP Psychology
- AP Human Geography
- History of Cincinnati
- Introduction to Sociology
- Women's Studies
Join the LIVE Microsoft Teams meeting to talk with Social Studies faculty members:
Guidelines for joining live meetings:
- Access instructions for joining Microsoft Teams meetings here.
- Please mute your microphone when entering and stay muted when not speaking (to avoid unnecessary static on the call).
- When you enter a live meeting, please introduce yourself in the chat with your/your daughter’s name, grade, and current school.
- If more than four people are in the meeting at one time, please raise your hand to ask a question (using the "raise your hand" function) or type it in the chat.
- If you do not have the Microsoft Teams app and you are accessing through your web browser, you will be able to access the meeting but you will only see the person who is actively speaking in the meeting. This is perfectly fine, we just want you to be aware.
Did you know?
- Students can continue exploring their passion for social studies outside the classroom through clubs and activities such as Mock Trial, Youth in City Government seminars, Junior State of America, Model United Nations, and more!