The goals of Ursuline’s Science Department are grounded in faculty enthusiasm, knowledge, and concern for students. A graduate of Ursuline Academy will be empowered to:
- Develop an appreciation for and understanding of the interrelationships among science, technology, and our society
- Pursue a career based in science
- Make decisions that are evidence-based, reflecting an understanding of the scientific enterprise
- Biology Honors
- Chemistry Honors
- Physics Honors
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Human Anatomy and Physiology Honors
- Forensic Science
- Introduction to Engineering
- AP Biology
- AP Chemistry
- AP Environmental Science
- AP Physics
Join the LIVE Microsoft Teams meeting to talk with Science faculty members:
Guidelines for joining live meetings:
- Access instructions for joining Microsoft Teams meetings here.
- Please mute your microphone when entering and stay muted when not speaking (to avoid unnecessary static on the call).
- When you enter a live meeting, please introduce yourself in the chat with your/your daughter’s name, grade, and current school.
- If more than four people are in the meeting at one time, please raise your hand to ask a question (using the "raise your hand" function) or type it in the chat.
- If you do not have the Microsoft Teams app and you are accessing through your web browser, you will be able to access the meeting but you will only see the person who is actively speaking in the meeting. This is perfectly fine, we just want you to be aware.
Did you know?
- Students can also explore their passion outside the classroom through student clubs such as MedEx, Earth Action Team, Robotics, and more!
- Girls’ school grads are six times more likely to consider majoring in math, science, and technology compared to girls who attend coed schools. (Goodman Research Group)
- Ursuline is the only high school in the region to have a synthetic cadaver, which students use for hands-on experience in science classes!