Ursuline is proud to be one of the only high schools in our area to offer such a comprehensive Counseling program. Ursuline Counselors meet with students not only on an individual basis throughout the school year, but also each week in a classroom setting in their Counseling class. Counseling Class curriculum includes:
Join the LIVE Microsoft Teams meeting to talk with Counseling department members:
Guidelines for joining live meetings:
- Access instructions for joining Microsoft Teams meetings here.
- Please mute your microphone when entering and stay muted when not speaking (to avoid unnecessary static on the call).
- When you enter a live meeting, please introduce yourself in the chat with your/your daughter’s name, grade, and current school.
- If more than four people are in the meeting at one time, please raise your hand to ask a question (using the "raise your hand" function) or type it in the chat.
- If you do not have the Microsoft Teams app and you are accessing through your web browser, you will be able to access the meeting but you will only see the person who is actively speaking in the meeting. This is perfectly fine, we just want you to be aware.
- Collaboration with students, family, and faculty
- Personal, academic, and social emotional counseling with School Counselors
- Individual and small group counseling with School Psychologist
- Individual and small group interventions including study strategies, test taking skills, and organizational strategies with the Academic Services Coordinator
- Counseling Classes: Freshman Counseling, Sophomore Counseling, Junior College Planning
- College Application Process Assistance
- Parent Information Nights: College, Course Selection, Financial Aid, NCAA
- Student Assistance Council (SAC): Assist students in need of support
Did you know?
- 100% of our students have individual meetings with their School Counselor at least 2x’s per year in addition to meeting in a classroom setting once every six days.
- 100% of Ursuline students are accepted into at least one of their top 3 colleges.
- Ursuline's Student-Counselor Ratio is 80:1, while the recommended National Average is 250:1
- Ursuline has seven School Counselors, one School Psychologist, one Academic Services Coordinator, and one School-Based Mental Health Therapist
Does your daughter have a 504 or IEP?
Contact our Academic Services Coordinator, Ms. Melissa Conner, to learn how Ursuline can support her needs through an accommodation plan.