Current Employment Opportunities
Ursuline Academy is a four-year college-preparatory independent Catholic high school for young women founded by the Ursuline Sisters of Brown County, Ohio in 1896. In the Catholic tradition of Ursuline education, the mission of Ursuline Academy is to prepare the young woman for college and beyond by nurturing her soul, intellect, heart, and imagination.
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL OF CURRICULUM & LEARNING
Ursuline Academy’s Assistant Principal of Curriculum & Learning is delegated responsibility by the Principal for those areas in the academic program having to do with curriculum, scheduling, and student records, including grades and graduation requirements. Areas of shared responsibility include faculty staffing, teacher evaluation and mentoring, supervision of the guidance department, including the Student Advisory Council (SAC), general oversight of the library and policies, oversight of the Ohio Catholic Schools Accrediting Association (OCSAA) accreditation process, creation of the school calendar, and the new teacher orientation programs.
Essential Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
1. Support and promote the mission, vision, and core values of Ursuline Academy
2. Serve on Administrative Teams
3. Assist Principal with supervision of school events
4. Oversee academic quality through teacher supervision activities such as classroom observations, student feedback, faculty feedback, individual advice and feedback
5. Co-facilitate monthly Department Coordinator meetings with Principal
6. Oversee the activities of the Department Coordinators in the areas of curriculum, student placements, student needs, textbook selections, instructional resources, and budgets
7. Facilitate department and school-wide curriculum review and revision, and design support strategies for curriculum innovation and improvements
8. Oversee student travel (exchanges and service trips both domestic and international)
9. Assist with teacher and counselor supervision and evaluation
10. Assist with hiring of faculty and support staff
11. Assist with determining class sections and teacher assignments to support the Master Schedule each semester of classes and classrooms
12. Coordinate the update and publishing of the annual Curriculum Guide and the Student-Parent Handbook and assist with the creation of the school calendar
13. In collaboration with the administrative team, coordinate annual professional development programs for faculty and support staff
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal or President
The qualified applicant must possess a minimum of a master’s degree and 5+ years of experience in teaching, educational administration, and leadership, preferably in area of curriculum and instruction. A practicing Catholic is a preferred candidate, however someone with a strong understanding and respect for the Catholic faith and church teaching would also be considered. The applicant also must have the ability to research, develop and implement opportunities for improving learning for students and faculty alike. Utilizing strong interpersonal and communication skills, this applicant must be able to teach, guide and mentor faculty in an effort to assess Ursuline’s academic programs and constantly work to improve them. Must possess or be in the process of obtaining a current Ohio Principal license.
Email resume and cover letter to Missy Markovic, Assistant to the Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "Assistant Principal."
Position is for the 2020-2021 school year; salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is a full-time (12-month) position.
Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2020 or until the position is filled.