Current Employment Opportunities
Ursuline Academy is a four-year college-preparatory independent Catholic high school for young women founded by the Ursuline Sisters of Brown County, Ohio in 1896. In the Catholic tradition of Ursuline education, the mission of Ursuline Academy is to prepare the young woman for college and beyond by nurturing her soul, intellect, heart, and imagination.
Major Gifts Officer
The Major Gifts Officer reports to the President of Ursuline Academy and develops and maintains relationships with Ursuline benefactors, working to facilitate collaboration between the goals of Ursuline and the interests of each benefactor. The ideal candidate values the vision of the school, will build long-term relationships with our benefactors, and help them identify areas where their interests align with the priorities of the school. The portfolio for the selected candidate will include donors supporting major gifts designated for endowment giving (scholarship, facilities, and programmatic support) and the Annual Fund.
- Understanding and supporting the charism, mission, philosophy, and vision of Ursuline Academy,
- Working as a member of Ursuline Advancement, which includes Development, Communications, and Alumnae Relations.
- Collaborating with the Annual Fund team to identify donors who have the capacity for major gifts,
- Understanding and communicating the principles of an Ursuline education and the key priorities of the school,
- Communicating the vision and key initiatives of the school,
- Attending certain events and being a positive, informed representative of Ursuline in donor interactions,
- Working with the Admissions and Advancement teams on special projects as assigned,
- Integration of strategic plan objectives into Development plans and activities.
- Reporting on and meeting metrics for performance, both quantitative and qualitative, on an annual and monthly basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
- Respect for confidentiality and privacy of information,
- Proven relationship and communication skills,
- Qualification, cultivation, solicitation, closing, and stewardship of current and potential donors (such as alumnae, parents, and other constituents). Identify prospects for major and legacy gifts for further cultivation from other school leaders and the board.
- Leadership, collaboration, innovation, and strategic thinking,
- Problem-solving and resolution of issues as they arise,
- Strong written and verbal skills, excellent listener,
- Superior organization, time management, attention to detail,
- Must know how to prioritize workflow and assignments, meet deadlines,
- Technology - Microsoft Office skills, ability to learn and use Raiser’s Edge.
- Able to adapt to changing requirements, and
- Team environment, collaboration.
The qualified applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree and several years of professional experience. Candidate must have a strong understanding of and respect for the Catholic faith and Ursuline education. Must be able to work well with Ursuline leadership, staff, and faculty as well as our broader community. Prior experience as a fundraiser working with individual donors is an asset. Experience in an academic or nonprofit organization is helpful but not required. Must be available for some evenings and weekends events.
Other qualifications include:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in fundraising – securing major gifts, engagement, and stewardship of donors.
- Experience in sales or marketing, with a customer/client-centered focus may also be considered.
- Ability to develop a customized strategy for management of portfolio.
- Demonstration of taking a long-term perspective in managing partnerships.
Email resume and cover letter to Jane Dombart, Assistant to the President, at email@example.com with the subject line, “Major Gifts Officer”.
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a 12-month (year-round), full-time position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position begins in the current school year.
Director of Events
Ursuline Academy seeks a creative and organized Director of Events to work with Ursuline’s community and dedicated volunteers to plan, promote and execute a variety of large and small Development events, including the Ultimate Auction, the school’s largest fundraising event. The Director will manage the coordination of special events with the goal of providing opportunities to engage parents, alumnae, and donors, while meeting budget and fundraising goals. The successful candidate must be adept at cultivating strong relationships, be goal-oriented, be able to manage a variety of volunteers, and enjoy supporting the mission of Ursuline Academy.
- Understand and support the mission, philosophy, and core values of Ursuline Academy
- Manage the Ultimate Auction, including recruiting volunteers, soliciting event sponsorships, securing live and silent auction items, and coordinating vendor relationships
- Create, manage, and be held accountable for event and fundraising revenue and expense budgets
- Identify, recruit, and work collaboratively with parent volunteers to achieve event goals and provide a meaningful volunteer experience
- Plan and collaborate to deliver a variety of stewardship, cultivation, and fundraising events, such as some events led by our Parents' Association
- Maintain accurate files, using Raiser’s Edge, fundraising software, and Greater Giving, auction software
- Ongoing engagement with members of the Ursuline community
- Other duties as assigned
- Superior organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Must know how to prioritize workflow and assignments and meet concrete deadlines
- Ability to manage and cultivate meaningful relationships with the Ursuline community, particularly parents and other volunteers
- Solution-oriented and proven ability to solicit donations/ sponsorships to generate revenue
- Microsoft Office is a requirement. Must be able to learn and become proficient with Raiser’s Edge donor database, Greater Giving auction software, or proficiency with other databases
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Respect for confidentiality and privacy of information
- Attendance at events and evening meetings is required; therefore, the Director should expect to work some evenings and weekends.
The qualified applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree and/or 3+ years of relevant experience. Candidate must have a strong understanding of and respect for the Catholic faith and Ursuline education. The applicant must have the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, use Microsoft and database tools, and work as part of a team. Must be able to work with both internal and external members of the Ursuline community. Prior experience in an academic or nonprofit organization is helpful but not required.
Email resume and cover letter to Jane Dombart, Assistant to the President, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Director of Events.”
Salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full-time (12-month) position. Applications will be accepted until December 27, 2021 or until the position is filled.