If you are an 8th grader, we would love to have you shadow a current Ursuline student sometime during the months of September, October, or November. Shadowing gives you the opportunity to experience the atmosphere at UA and see what being a Lion is all about.
- The typical shadow day is 7:45am – 2:30pm.
- Students should bring 4 or 5 dollars for lunch (packing is fine too).
- Dress code: No shorts or leggings. Nice jeans/pants/capris are fine.
- Students can either be dropped off at the main office, or a parent can accompany them into the building to meet their host student. Visitor parking spots are in the first row of the main lot, closest to the tall, circular main entrance of the school building.
- The end of our school day is 3:00pm. Visitors are dismissed at 2:30 so that their parents can avoid traffic at the end of our school day.
Only 8th Graders are permitted to shadow Ursuline students.
- If your daughter doesn’t know a current freshman or sophomore to shadow, one will be assigned to her based on her interests (usually a sophomore, since shadowing happens toward the beginning of the year, and freshmen are still learning their way around the school). We recommend that students do not shadow juniors or seniors.
- Most typical school days are fine for shadowing.
- However, there are certain days throughout the year that do not allow for visitors due to various scheduled events. Please see the list of days at the bottom of the page.
We limit the number of visitors per day to ensure each 8th grader has a normal school day experience.
To arrange a shadow day for your daughter, email the following information to Molly McClarnon, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com.
- Preferred Date of Visit:
- Daughter's Name:
- Mailing Address:
- Home Phone:
- UA student she'd like to shadow (if she knows of one):
- Daughter’s Interests:
- Cell Phone:
- Parents' Email:
- Parents’ Names:
No shadowing on the following days due to various scheduled events:
|9/4||Freshmen not available (sophomores available)|
|9/8||Late Start Day (Shadowing okay, but day is shortened.)|
|9/23||Freshman Retreat (sophomores available)|
|9/25||No School (Alumnae Symposium)|
|10/13||Late Start Day (Shadowing okay, but day is shortened.)|
|10/14||Sophomores Testing (freshmen available)|
|10/22||End of Quarter 1. Students tend to have more tests the days leading up to the end of the quarter.|
|10/29||Parent/Teacher Conferences (very short day)|
|11/2||Late Start Day (Shadowing okay, but day is shortened.)|
|11/4||Sophomores Testing (freshmen available)|
|11/10||Late Start Day (Shadowing okay, but day is shortened.)|
|11/25-11/27||Thanksgiving Break (No School)|
|12/1||Late Start Day (Shadowing okay, but day is shortened.)|
|12/21-1/1||Christmas Break (No School) |