If you are an 8th grader, we would love to have you shadow a current Ursuline student sometime during the months of September, October, or November. Shadowing gives you the opportunity to experience the atmosphere at UA and see what being a Lion is all about.
- The typical shadow day is 7:45am – 2:30pm.
- Students should bring 4 or 5 dollars for lunch (packing is fine too).
- Dress code: No shorts or leggings. Nice jeans/pants/capris are fine.
- Students can either be dropped off at the main office, or a parent can accompany them into the building to meet their host student. We have a visitor parking lot on the right as you pull in the driveway.
- The end of our school day is 3:00pm. Visitors are dismissed at 2:30 so that their parents can avoid traffic at the end of our school day.
Only 8th Graders are permitted to shadow Ursuline students.
- If your daughter doesn’t know a current freshman or sophomore to shadow, one will be assigned to her based on her interests (usually a sophomore, since shadowing happens toward the beginning of the year, and freshmen are still learning their way around the school). We recommend that students do not shadow juniors or seniors.
- Most typical school days are fine for shadowing.
- However, there are certain days throughout the year that do not allow for visitors due to various scheduled events (see below).
- October 20 to 23 - End of 1st Quarter (many students will have tests.)
- October 24 - No School
- October 28 - Parent/Teacher Conferences (shortened day)
- November 3 - Late Start Day (shadowing allowed, but day is shortened.)
- November 11 - Late Start Day (shadowing allowed, but day is shortened.)
- November 26 to November 28 - Thanksgiving Break (No School)
We limit the number of visitors per day to ensure each 8th grader has a normal school day experience.
To arrange a shadow day for your daughter, email the following information to Molly McClarnon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preferred Date of Visit:
- Daughter's Name:
- Mailing Address:
- Home Phone:
- UA student she'd like to shadow (if she knows of one):
- Daughter’s Interests:
- Cell Phone:
- Parents' Email:
- Parents’ Names: