Tuition & Financial Assistance
You can afford an Ursuline education.
The Ursuline Sisters of Brown County, who founded our school in 1896, held a philosophy that is continued today – to provide an Ursuline education to any student who is academically qualified.
Each year over $1.2 million in scholarships and financial aid are awarded to an average of 285 students.
In keeping with the Ursuline philosophy and mission of the school, the following scholarships and tuition assistance programs are available:
Students scoring 99-90th percentile composites on the High School Placement Test are awarded scholarships from one of the following three categories:
Category I - St. Angela Scholars Program (awarded to the top 25 test scores)
- One $10,000 scholarship, 4-year renewable
- One $8,000 scholarship, 4-year renewable
- Three $6,000 scholarships, 4-year renewable
- Ten $4,000 scholarships, 4-year renewable
- Ten $3,000 scholarships, 4-year renewable
As an extension of their scholarship, St. Angela Scholars receive priority registration for summer school courses at Ursuline.
Those who do not receive a St. Angela Scholarship will receive one of the following:
Category II – Laurel Scholarship
- $2,000 or $1,000 non-renewable scholarship
Category III – The Marge & Charles J. Schott Foundation Scholars
- Ten $1,500 scholarships from The Marge & Charles J. Schott Foundation, non-renewable
Students who receive a non-renewable Laurel Scholarship or Marge & Charles Schott Foundation Scholarship are eligible to apply for a limited number of scholarships during the spring of freshman year.
Financial Aid is awarded to students from grants and endowed funds created by donor contributions. Award criteria is determined by the fund creator and varies from fund to fund.
Ursuline uses FACTS, an organization that analyzes a family’s finances, to assist in making tuition assistance decisions.
All families applying for need-based financial assistance must complete the FACTS application by November 2017.
Applicants can apply online. Once an online application has been completed, the following information will need to be sent to FACTS to complete the application process:
- Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules.
- Copies of your 2015 W-2 forms for both you and your spouse.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF.
All supporting documentation can be uploaded in PDF format online. Documentation can also be faxed to 866-315-9264 or mailed to the address below. Please be sure to include the applicant ID on all faxed or mailed correspondence.
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
P.O. Box 82524
Lincoln, NE 68501-2524
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 866-441-4637.