Current Employment Opportunities
Ursuline Academy is a four-year college-preparatory independent Catholic high school for young women founded by the Ursuline Sisters of Brown County, Ohio in 1896. In the Catholic tradition of Ursuline education, the mission of Ursuline Academy is to prepare the young woman for college and beyond by nurturing her soul, intellect, heart, and imagination.
Business Office Bookkeeper
The Bookkeeper will post financial transactions from source documents, create reports, maintain subsidiary ledgers, assist with budget preparation, and provide “customer service” to our constituents. All employees support and promote the mission, vision, and core values of Ursuline Academy.
The Bookkeeper reports to the Director of Finance and works closely with the other members of the Business Office, administration and faculty. This position is hourly and full-time.
Responsibilities may include, but are not be limited to:
- Accounts payable through 1099s and W-2Gs.
- Routine tuition inquiries, daily maintenance of tuition accounts using online service, monthly posting. Set up of new accounts and other tuition responsibilities as required.
- Posting of check and cash receipts.
- Cash deposits: check scanning and verification/preparation of currency deposits.
- Credit card management and posting.
- Assistance with budget preparation, input, and routine internal budget v. actual reports.
- Petty cash reconciliation and replenishment.
- “Customer service” to parents, employees, student clubs, and parent associations.
- Routine filing.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Other reasonable duties of the Business Office as required.
- Strong analytical abilities and communication skills.
- Desire to learn and work collaboratively.
- Thoughtful attention to accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, and ability to learn and make best use of systems.
- Commitment to keeping information confidential as required.
Training and Development:
Ursuline is an educational institution and we are committed to continuing personal and professional growth in terms of what you do and how you participate in the work of the Business Office. We will provide feedback and training opportunities. Candidate must be willing to improve skills through training as requested to satisfy Business Office needs.
Position is immediately available. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please email resume and cover letter by Monday, December 18, 2017 to:
Director of Finance, Ursuline Academy